The psycho-logic negotiator
Unfortunately for those only going with their “gut feeling”, the natural reaction to many psychological tricks is devastating. People find themselves stuck in a process they can´t find an escape from and that exploits their shortcomings. In this seminar we will uncover the psychological traps you can find yourself and how to overcome those.
We also have to warn you: „But it is only a seminar game!“ might not suffice to get disappointed colleagues back to the negotiation table, so you will have to chose your actions, reactions and statements very carefully in some of the cases we have prepared for you.
Your authority and knowledge on the matter might not suffice to finish a complicated negotiation. It is the appropriate dealing with and knowledge of human reaction patterns that have a major impact on the outcome. The drive to succeed and trust are not only theoretical concepts but basic elements in the negotiation cocktail.
Starting with a short self-assessment test you will find out about different negotiation types and your qualification. To know the advantages and caveats of different negotiation types entail will support you decisively when dealing with them. Of course you will find our negotiation exercises quite helpful to try that out.
The perception of “observers” and the opportunity to question the feedback you get from the trainer and the other participants lets you better estimate your charisma and performance.
Where else can you simply ask your negotiation partner afterwards about his real intentions and thoughts throughout your negotiation?
2 – 3 days
- Expose the bluff of your negotiation partner and analyse, how a „poker face“ can be called.
- Convince your team and hopefully also the other company spokesmen of the mutual beneficial result from a cooperative strategy in presenting your consulting company on a trade fair.
- Find out what irrational elements have an effect on the negotiation process and how big a part the human factor plays on the outcome.
- Distinguish different negotiation types and experience the different ideas about reality.
- Listen to what a former U.S.A. secretary of state recommends on dealing with strong-headed negotiation partners by the experience of the Cuba crises.
- Find out which negotiation type you belong to and what that means for your preparation, your behavior in stress situations and when negotiating in a team.
- Expose the lying “wolf“ in your village, or you will be doomed because your negotiation partner tricked you.
- Structure your estimation of your negotiation partner by using a profile and use the tip sheet to start your partner analysis.
- Find out, how strong the anchor effect determines the final price and how you can prevent that from happening to you.
- Get anonymous circle feedback in a process that we have developed. You will find out how others would prepare for negotiating with you and how they assess your negotiation strategies.
- Analyse your own negotiation cases and have others play your part while you can try out the opposite side! During „Stop & Go“ you can model the situation over and over till you find your optimal strategy.