Persuasion in Argumentation
Structure your arguments and bring them in the right form and shape to convince your counterpart. Add superior presentation, motivation and conviction. Build on trustworthiness with your track record. Add a grain of urgency. Voilá.
It is these techniques and arguments that we want to learn and implement, so that you are able to push through your point of view, whether during a coffee break discussion, in case of dealing with a complaint or at a stage discussion. How you implement the varying techniques remains fully up to you. But the means for achievement and possibilities for implementation will be of great assistance to you in many situations within your in order to maintain the upper hand and to deal with precarious situation in a masterly fashion.
- Call your partner´s bluff and analyse what reveals a “lie” in the others line of argument.
- Explain to your client “Happy Holidays”, why he better follow your chain of arguments.
- Structure your argumentation to convince the procurement committee to buy your Airbag system.
- Pitch your product 10 times in a row, and grow with your feedback each time.
- Exchange your experience with the tactic “Good Cop – Bad Cop”. Discuss if, how and where to exercise it in your area.
- Check if you recognise closing signals and if you finish the negotiation before your negotiation partner rethinks his position.
- Train your counters again and again until shouting “Mini – BATNA” is sufficient for you to react correctly and quickly in the decisive moment.
- Bluff as “wolf“ and suspect innocent villagers persuasively to rescue your own head.
- Discuss the idea and reality of “power“ in negotiations and how to deal with it.
- Find out what the BATNA is and how it can strengthen your bargaining position.